Do you want to rebrand a blog? Here is a checklist to reduce the overwhelm and cover the legal, social, and on-site aspects of a blog rebranding campaign.
This list of blog tasks to outsource to virtual assistants and blog helpers will help any blogger at any level. Get the list and increase your productivity by outsourcing blog tasks!
Blog Tasks to Outsource
At a recent meet-up of local bloggers, I was asked to share some ideas for blog tasks to outsource. The group was varied: from new, inexperienced bloggers to those making a full-time income and blogging professionally.
But the one thing we had in common – we all had a hard time delegating blogging tasks.
It doesn’t matter if you barter, trade, or purchase help, getting it allows you to focus your efforts on:
- your goals,
- what you’re efficient with doing, and
- those tasks you DON’T HATE!
There are affiliate links in this article which means, at no additional cost to you, we could receive compensation for our recommendations. You can read our full disclosure policy.
Get The Checklist
If you’d like to get this blog tasks to outsource checklist to put into your blog binder or on your business goals board, access it for free in the Resource Library.
If you’re not yet a member, sign up for free below (and get so much more than just this checklist)!
Get Free Access to Our Resource Library!
Original Content Outsourcing
Original content is a blog’s bread and butter. Unless they are from trusted sources or reworked heavily, I tend to keep original content creation in-house.
However, a virtual assistant or freelancer can help with original blog content by:
- Creating roundup articles for keyword-ranking terms
- Updating or republishing old posts
- Converting old link parties to roundup-style posts (works well when themed)
- Interlinking newer, relevant posts to older content
- Adding in affiliate links, managing a giveaway, contest, or link party
- Analyzing SEO rankings and terms for older, popular content
This is one of my favorite blog tasks to outsource! You control the quality, direct the topics, and can really optimize your time.
If you’re new to purchased content (in any of its forms), be sure to get the checklist on how to use purchased content (it’s in the Resource Library for all subscribers)!
- VAs can become a dedicated contributor
- Content rework (to learn more about purchased content, how to use purchased content, and food and lifestyle blog purchased content ideas, tips, and sources)
- Creation of social media prompts, series, or email sequences using purchased content
I don’t outsource image creation because I’ve become very efficient at making the most of stock photography and editing photos. Video editing is another story for me!
- Source stock photography
- Provide photography services (your idea + their creation and photography)
- Editing and creation of blog promotion images
- Video editing or formatting
Advertising or Sponsored Post Management
Working with brands can be a lucrative aspect of any money-making blog, but it can take up so much time! Here are a few sponsored or partner content blog tasks to outsource:
- Hunting down brand contacts
- Sending pitch letter templates
- Deadlines entered into calendar
- Management of deliverables
- Issue invoices and follow up for payment
- Bookkeeping management of secured, due, and late payments
Consultant or Strategist Outsourcing Tasks
Ahem… I wonder where you could possibly find help… #shamelessselfpromotion
- Income growth planning
- Affiliate management strategies and on-boarding plan for new affiliates
- Product planning
- Strategic blog conference preparation
- Identify focus areas and goal mapping
- Time management and productivity focus
Website and Technical
There are so many technical aspects of blog management we can outsource to fellow bloggers, professionals, or even our teenage children!
- Hosting (consider managed hosting to cover all platform and plugin updates and issues)
- Technical CSS or theme changes (get this on Fiverr or by swapping with other bloggers)
- Page speed or load sequence optimization
- Plugin and change log management
- Site redesign
This is actually an area I don’t recommend outsourcing, especially if you have an actively-growing list. If you’re in maintenance mode, however, a few newsletter blog tasks to outsource are:
- The creation of newsletters (newsletter-specific images and links)
- Funnel maintenance or updates
- Calls-to-Action based on income goals
- Segmentation, targeting, or testing new email service providers
These are some blog tasks to outsource which most of us hand off (or wish we could).
- Social media live-posting
- Social media scheduling (Edgar, CoSchedule, Hootsuite, Buffer, etc.)
- Inbox management
- Funnel creation
- Product creation (not the content, but formatting or design)
Images / Branding
Branding specialists are available for bloggers working with any budget! This is a great place to target your first blog task to outsource.
- Site branding
- Logo (creation or putting it into video format)
- Social image branding (set up or continuous image creation)
- Pinterest images and collages
This list of blog tasks to outsource will allow you to focus on growth-building activities for your business. Don’t forget to grab the checklist in the Resource Library (or subscribe) to put into your binder or blog file.