When you start blogging, you have questions, especially about blog email and newsletters! Everyone screams, “GROW YOUR LIST!” but puts the how to do it part behind a gate of paid courses.
This page serves as a resource for those bloggers who understand the impact and importance of email, list growth, and newsletters and want to take action to improve.
Included on this page are tools, tips, and hints to grow a blog newsletter and monetize this critical online income stream.
Through my own lists (I have many) and my work with clients, I’ve discovered there are best practices all bloggers can utilize. No matter your niche, experience, or earning level, these blog email and newsletter tutorials will prove their value.
Quick Tips and Reader Favorites: Blog Email and Newsletters
Here’s a list of “quick tips” readers and clients find valuable regarding blog email and newsletters:
- Do not wait to build your blog email and newsletter following. Start today.
- Most beginning bloggers do not need a robust email service provider (recommended ESPs).
- You can build an email list without popups and you should if the majority of your traffic is coming from mobile.
- Pay attention to your open rates and click-through rates and constantly work to improve them.
- Challenge yourself to use a variety of ‘sells’ in your email (text, image, GIFs, video, polls, etc.).
- Keep it legal (valid address or PO Box and disclosures are required).
- No one – no, not even that big blogger – no one can use Amazon affiliate links in blog email and newsletters. Get the details here.
- Clean your list regularly. A big list isn’t valuable, an engaged one is.
- You are required to follow the country’s email marketing laws for the recipient’s location, not your own.
- You can earn a great deal of income by sending just one email a week, but it takes a bit of work to understand and know your audience. More here.
25+ Creative and Fresh Blog Newsletter Ideas by Niche
These blog newsletter ideas by niche will get the creativity (and income) flowing whether you’re just starting out or seeking to increase engagement rates.
Blogging in the Margins: 10-Minute Tasks for Blog Income
The quick blogging tips, 10-minute tasks series is tackling blog income this week. Here are 10-minute tasks for blog income you can do today to move your blogging business forward.
Blogging in the Margins: 10-Minute Tasks for Blog Newsletters
The quick blogging tips, 10-minute tasks series is tackling blog newsletters this week. Here are 10-minute tasks for blog newsletters you can do today to move your blogging business forward.
Blog Newsletters: Legal Requirements to Keep You Legit
Stay on the right side by understanding your blog newsletters legal requirements. This article identifies those for ANY marketer targeting the US or Canada.
Should You Choose Double Opt-In for Blog Newsletters?
Should you choose double opt-in for blog newsletters or business mailings? The law is sometimes clear, sometimes cloudy. Learn how to protect your blog!
Get Your Burning Blog Newsletter Questions Answered
As a growth consultant, I get a lot of blog newsletter questions. Today, I’m answering the most common questions bloggers have when building blog newsletters.
How to Use Amazon Giveaways for Blog Traffic Boosts
This quick read tells you how to use Amazon Giveaways for blog traffic generation. Using various set ups, Amazon Giveaways makes it easy to generate buzz with rewards and get traffic, more email subscribers, or to increase social media followers.
The Best Exit Intent Popup Plugins for WordPress
Find the best exit intent popup plugins for your site based on your goals. Exit-intent popup plugins for WordPress are plentiful but not equal when trying to grow your email subscribers.
How to Choose an Email Service Provider for Your Blog
Choose an email service provider that is best for YOUR site, taking into account your goals, budget, audience, and comfort level. Recommendations included for all blog newsletter needs.
How to Increase Click Through Rates In Your Newsletters
Increase click through rates by following the cardinal rule of email marketing for blogging: serve, don’t sell. Learn how to avoid falling into the ‘crappy emails’ trap.
How to Increase Open Rates for Your Email Newsletter
Increase open rates and click-through rates by following the cardinal rule of email marketing: serve, don’t sell. Learn how to avoid falling into the ‘crappy emails’ trap.
How to Build Newsletter Lists Without Pop Ups and Penalties
Oh, Google. Content marketers love and despise you. Now we’re being forced to build newsletter lists without pop ups? What’s the digital marketing world going to do to grow email subscribers?!?! #sarcasm