When you start blogging, you have questions, especially about blog traffic and marketing techniques. How DO bloggers get so much traffic to their websites?!
This page serves as a resource for those bloggers who want to increase traffic and learn content marketing (inbound marketing). From promotion to Pinterest, this repository will help you formulate your marketing plan.
Included on this page are tools, tips, hints, and tutorials to increase blog traffic and market your business, and your blog. Note: for tips on marketing yourself, see the Blog Entrepreneur resource page.
Quick Tips and Reader Favorites: Blog Traffic and Marketing
- Getting traffic to a website is hard and it is NOT all about social media.
- Can you market a blog in 10-minutes? You can develop and hone your blog’s strategy in that time.
- What else can you do in 10-minutes? How about work to create compelling and shareable blog content!
- Is ‘social proof’ really important? Good gravy, yes! If you’ve changed domains or moved to HTTPS, here’s how to recover all of your social shares.
- What are some creative ways to increase traffic? Start here with Amazon Giveaways for Traffic or these 5 Creative Ways to Promote Blog Posts.
- How important is SEO to traffic? It’s about as important as water is to a fish! Understand SEO (checklist) and SEO+LSI to get more organic traffic.
- Keywords research (checklist) and learning how to find the right hashtags will also increase organic blog traffic. A little effort on the front end can work wonders.
- Does traffic plummet in summer? Sometimes, but there are ways to boost summer blog traffic.
- There are many types of blog posts to increase traffic.
- Sometimes I think PLR content is the best-kept blogging secret out there…